Many suffer needlessly with depression when help is available. The personal toll of depression can be devastating, affecting every aspect of one’s livelihood: family, job, finances, friendships, and spiritual life.
You may be experiencing a depressive illness if some of these symptoms describe you:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Fatigue or decreased energy
- Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities, including sex
- Appetite and weight change (not due to dieting)
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism about the future
- Chronic feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Thoughts of death, “accidents,” or considering, planning, or making a suicide
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Chronic aches or pains not due to a known physical illness
- Significant change in sleep patterns
If you or a loved one are experiencing some of these symptoms, it is recommended that you seek professional evaluation and treatment. If you are experiencing any suicidal thoughts or impulses, please go to your nearest hospital emergency room or call Netcare Access at 614-276-2273.
Help is available and relief from depression is possible. Call us at 614.888.9200 to schedule an assessment with a counselor.
Connect With Us!