Individuals with ASD
Autism Spectrum Disoders (ASD) affect nearly 1 out of every 91 children. ASD are neurological and developmental disorders such as Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). Signs of ASD include:
- Delay in or lack of verbal language
- Little or no eye contact
- Poor social skills or play skills
- Self-stimulatory behaviors (flapping, rocking, twirling)
- Not wanting to cuddle
ASD are more common in boys. There is no known cause. At this time there is no cure. However, with treatment, individuals with ASD can live happy, fulfilling lives.
There are a variety of treatments for ASD, though some with considerable controversy. Treatment options include:
- Vitamin and mineral supplements
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT)
- Floortime (DIR)
- Relationship Development Intervention (RDI)
If you suspect you or your child has an Autism Spectrum Disorder, or you are struggling with an ASD diagnosis, call us today.