While we go to school for years to prepare for life in the workplace most of us find we are ill prepared for the challenges of communication in an intimate relationship. Couples can often be bewildered by the repetition of “same-old-same-old” arguments that get little to no resolution in spite of a great number of attempts to do so; sometimes even with professional help.
One of our passions at is to help couples find their stride in the strengths of their relationship, which includes education, training and counseling in both the basic and advanced aspects of communication and conflict resolution.
Consider these questions as you think about what kind of relationship you are nurturing:
- Do your conflicts often seem to end up with the same negative results?
- Do you feel yourself losing hope of resolving a chronic area of conflict?
- Do you often day-dream about being out of this relationship or into another one?
- Do you often regret what you said, how you said it or how you acted during a conflict?
- Do either of you resort to physical actions against the other during a conflict?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we believe it would make good sense for you to get help with your communication. Addressing unresolved conflict with the right tools and expertise could make all the difference in your relationship.
Also see Anger Management